All forms and full fees are due at this time. No exceptions. All Youth Philharmonic participants planning to go on Tour (in June/July 2014 to Poland/Germany) must submit a $100 (non-refundable) reservation fee on June 5th. For payment schedule and tentative tour itinerary email email@example.com. These documents will also be available at Auditions on May 18th and at Registration Day.
2013-2014 Audition Application
Auditions For the 2013-2014 Season Are Closed
Financial Needs Statement
For accepted students who are applying for financial aid, a Financial Needs Application is available for download.
Audition results will be posted online on May 28th (tentative date). To access your results, log into your LVYO audition account.
If you passed the audition and are accepted you must reply to confirm your seat by June 2nd, 2013, or your seat will be forfeited.
Registration and Fees
Mandatory Registration Day for all accepted participants is on Wednesday, June 5th, 2013 from 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 pm at the Maryland Events Center.
Address for June 5th Registation Day (Not Auditions)
Maryland Events Center or MEC (LVYO's rehearsal site)
1801 S. Maryland Pkwy.
Las Vegas, NV 89104
Parking is available in lot across the campus. If parking within campus lots, do not park in Crisis Management or CCSD Police parking spots.
Audition Results, Post-Audition Procedures, & Registration Fees
- Students who are accepted into LVYO will receive notification through their email given when creating an account online (tentative target date: May 28th)
- Students must either "accept" or "decline" their LVYO invitation to participate (via their created LVYO account online)
- Those who accept must attend (Mandatory) Registration Day, 6/05/13, to submit fees, required registration forms & purchase uniform
- All fees must be paid in full on June 5th , "Registration Day"
- Payment of fees is confirmation of your website response that the student accepts the position with LVYO.
2013-2014 Registration Fees
Fees are non-refundable and for entire season. No split or deferred payments.
|Middle School Symphonic Band||$185|
- The LVYO Application Fee of $40.00 is collected on Audition Day, at time of audition check-in. This fee is non-refundable.
- (If student is auditioning/applying for multiple instruments, fees apply for each instrument) Forms of payment accepted are: cash, check, Money Order or Credit Card. Make checks payable to “Friends of LVYO.” Students on the federal government’s Free and Reduced Lunch plan (FRL) are waived the application fee. Official documentation of FRL status must be provided at check-in, in order for this to be granted.
- The LVYO Polo Shirt is $25 and the required uniform for all students, at the first concert. Payment is collected on Registration Day, unless shirt is back-ordered.
- Youth Philharmonic females are required to purchase their uniform black dress ($80 new) or used ($40). Payment is collected in full, on Registration Day, June 5th, 2013.
- Youth Symphony and Youth Philharmonic males must have a black tux jacket, white pleated wing-tipped collared tux shirt, with black bow tie, black dress trousers, black dress shoes and black dress socks. This is worn for the formal concerts (Winter and Spring Concerts).
All fees must be paid in full and all required forms turned in on Registration Day (June 5th, 2013 - the last day for CCSD nine-month schools).
This is the deadline for all accepted participants to enroll in LVYO for the 2013-2014 Season.
Financial Need Statements for need-based student funding assistance. Submit form by Deadline (Audition day, May 18th, 2013). Applications will be reviewed by Financial Aid Panel. Limited financial aid available. Information is kept strictly confidential. Those awarded assistance will be notified upon program acceptance.
Points to Remember
- Bring your $40.00 application fee to your audition. Cash/checks/money orders payable to "Friends-LVYO." Credit cards accepted include Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express. Remember to bring your signed contract (downloaded form during application process online)
- Please make sure your address & personal information is complete and accurate before transmitting your application online.
- Arrive 30-40 minutes prior to your audition appointment time. Bring instrument & downloaded audition music!
- Acceptance into the program requires your commitment (rehearsals and concerts) for the entire LVYO concert season (late August – early May). The LVYO polo shirt is the required concert uniform attire for the first concert (Fall Concert).
- Placement in the Las Vegas Youth Orchestras will be based upon (not necessarily in order or all-inclusive): audition results (student's audition scores), instrumentation (the need for your instrument), recommendation of school music teacher, and/or recommendation of LVYO Conductors and Executive Director.
- "Registration Day" - If accepted, you must be present to attend Registration Day . All participants must register on this date for official enrollment, collection and processing of required forms & payment of fees. June 5th, 2013, 12:00-8:00 p.m., Maryland Events Center, 1801 So. Maryland Pkwy., Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Registration Fee is non-refundable. This must be paid in full at Registration Day. There are no exceptions.
2013-2014 Rehearsal Information
Program follows CCSD 9-month calendar.
|Philharmonic||Thursday||6:15 -8:45 p.m.|
|Symphony||Thursday||4:00 - 6:00 p.m.|
|Middle School Symphonic Band||Monday||4:15 - 6:00 p.m.|
|Sinfonia||Wednesday||6:15 - 8:00 p.m.|
|Ensemble||Wednesday||4:30 – 6:00 p.m.|
LVYO/FLVYO reserves the right to revise the rehearsal dates and/or times, at any time, should changes occur to necessitate adjustment of the schedule.
ROY MARTIN MIDDLE SCHOOL
200 N. 28th St.
Las Vegas, NV 89101-4722
Credit Hours for Youth Philharmonic: Effective with the 2013-2014 season, credit hours earned for the high school Youth Philharnonic course (providing all standards are met per LVYO YPhil/Symphony handbook) will be .5 credit for the entire season.
Youth Philharmonic Tour 2014
The Youth Philharmonic is scheduled to go on tour to Poland and Germany in late June/early July of 2014. Students in the Youth Philharmonic who are interested in going on tour must place a deposit of $100 on Registration Day, June 5th, 2013. Payment schedules will commence on the 15th of each month thereafter according to the payment plan. All accounts must be paid up by April 2014. The Tour is a private summer program sponsored by the non-profit, Friends of the LVYO and is not affiliated in any way with the Clark County School District. More information will be available at auditions.
Official Means of Notification
Website and e-mail notification are primary means of communication.
Youth Philharmonic, Youth Symphony, or any LVYO special ensembles may be required to rehearse on some additional days.
- Contact us online
- Call 385-2838 (Voicemail)